What had been an intended trip to Sandbox Alviera for a day of thrill-filled activities transpired to be a semi-failed food-hopping endeavor in Angeles City. Our afternoon consisted of a short trip to Subic for something less than what we aimed for that morning (add to that the traffic that followed as we headed back for Manila). Nevertheless, we rightly called it off with a budget buffet dinner in a really small, hole-in-the-wall restaurant in Tomas Morato.
RESTAURANTS WE TRIED IN ANGELES CITY
- Aling Lucing. A second choice as we were really looking to try Mila’s Tokwa’t Baboy (we had pretty much nowhere to go at 9AM). Not a disappointment, though.
- Angeles Fried Chicken. We were supposed to head to Downtown Cafe after our first trip but lo and behold, it had yet to open when we arrived. We enjoyed it, too.
- Cafe Fleur. We were ready for dessert after a sample of viands. Their pandan sans rival did not at all disappoint!
- 22 Seeds. This would’ve been a great choice for brunch, but since our stomachs were full, I ordered salad and iced coffee for takeout.
- Short trek. Which wasn’t really a short trek, but an indigenous fire-making seminar. Haha, our tour guide was quite the entertainer, though. The experience left us with handy survival skills and a few laughs to bring home.
- Tree drop. Two seconds did not feel like two seconds, I tell you.